Friday, February 26, 2010

Teacher Who Are New in This School

In Our school there are many Teachers who are new in this school. Today our group is going to interview some of the new Teachers. There are many Teachers who came from different place. My group is going to interview some of New Teachers that we have meet them at school.

Today we are going to interview Ms. Alice. She is the math teacher and she teaching 9 grades and also 10 grades. My first question is "who informed you about the vacancy in Oakland International High School? " She said,"Ms. Carmelita told me that OIHS(Oakland International High School) needs math teacher at a job fair." I also asked her "what you have learned by teaching in OIHS?" Giving smile, she said,"I have learned to be more patient and expect more from my students." She also share some of the best and worst experience while teaching in class. Her best experience is when our team had our semester awards. We got it recognize students who did very well all semester." Ms. Alice also share the worst experience that she have faced it was when somebody stole her cell phone. Before she came to OIHS she used to taught at Hamilton High School in Los Angles, California. She choose this school for teaching because she like to work with many people of different backgrounds.We also ask her about feelings coming first day of class and school and She said"On my first class of teaching, I felt excited, I couldn't wait to meet all of my new students. and also very curious to teach Geometry because it is my favorite subject!"

We also interview another new Teacher Ms. Courtney. Ms. Courtney is also the math of Oakland International High School. We ask same question to Ms. Courtney and she said " Ms. Carmelita." We keep on ask her about what she had learned.She said, "I learned from my students how to be nice and be more patient or how to be friendly with students." We know that she is the new teacher of OIHS. Before coming to this school she used to tought in Tracy California in Detroit, Michigan. She also share her experience to us. She said,"The best experience was fund raising, working hard and also when students know what they should do." She also said that while coming to this school. she also have some worst time experience that was in second week of school some students pushed me." However they are many school in Oakland, so why did she come to OIHS. She said,"she want to teach students who are learning English." Back about her feelings. She said, "I feel scared but not any more because i know all students." At the end of interview we also ask Ms Courtney last question about her opinion by teaching in this school year. She said," she love this school, all of her students and best school ever in her life."


The last interviewer going to ask another new Teacher Mr. Manzar. Mr Manzar is the science of Oakland International.High School. Also this is his first year in this OIHS. We going to ask him the first question about "who inform him to come teach here?" He said, "My friend who work in Oakland Unified District School. " He also learned about students how they are different and how hard for students who are immigrant. We also ask him to share the best experience and the worst experience. He said, "My best experience was senior class but my worst experience was when the students come at me and try to ask me many question at the same time." Mr. Manzar have been in Hayward before he come Oakland. He also tell us "why he come here for teaching?" He said,"I can make a big different for students, and the ways that they learned." We ask him about his feeling of 12th . He smile and said, "All of 12th are my best class they are so nice and respectful." So here we are going to ask him for a last question about his opinion with all the teacher who teaching in OIHS. He said,"I think every one love this school and all want to help all immigrants who come here in the United States." We hope all Teachers are very happy teaching in this school and in future they will help all students to achieve success in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment