Friday, February 26, 2010

Student Journey to the United States

In our school, there were a lot of students who came from different countries. They all have to make a journey in order to come to the United States. We interviewed some student about how they came to the United States. We asked them questions about how they felt and what they did when they were moving to the United States.

We interviewed a boy named Kobe. He is from Africa. He came here with his brother. We asked him, what was the hardest thing you did before you moved to the United States. He said, "the hardest thing I did before coming to the United States was to learn English." In the USA he lived in Oakland California. He said "I came to the USA because I wanted to have a better life and help people who lived in Africa and became sick." He also said,” he felt sad when he left his family in Africa.” When he got here he said he felt shy because people were making fun of the way he looked and talked. We also asked him about what he thought about people who were sick in Africa and his answer was.” I think it's bad because the president of Africa is not providing things to help them as he is supposed to do it."

We also interviewed a girl named Nara. She is from Mongolia. She Came here with her sister, and her brother. The hardest thing she did when she was moved to the united state was to seat in airplane was very bored until she came here. She said, "I arrived in 02/00/07 to the USA." Now she lives in Oakland. When we asked her why she came to the United States, she said, " I wanted to have a better life, to get a decent education, and become a professional after some day. We also get her to tell us how she felt when she left her home country, and she said,” I felt really upset because my grandmother and my friends stayed there. She also told us, she feels happy now, even though it was hard at first but it's getting better day-by-day. She said, life is getting a lot more easy in this country." Her life would be the same if she lived in Mongolia.

Arturo is another student that we have the opportunity to interview. He was from Mexico. He came here with his mom, dad, and his sister as well. He said he was sick and hungry while his family and he was moving to the United States that was the hardest thing he faced. He said he arrived to the USA in September 4th 2008. He said "I came here because I wanted to have a quality education, make my future bright and earn more money." We asked him. How did you feel when you left your country? " he said I Felt bad and unhappy because I knew I miss a lot my family, friends and my country." Now he feels happy because he is with his family in the USA. On his first day of school in the US, he felt very shy and happy at the same time. We asked him if he thought he will achieve his goals in the future and he said. "I think I will achieve all my goals in the future."

Lastly we interviewed a boy from Iraq. He came here with his mom, dad, and sister and brother. The hardest thing he did was to carry all the bags, because they have a lot. He arrived in the United States in 01/14/10. He lived in Oakland. " I came here to develop my skill, my education and have a standard life." He said, He felt so happy when he arrived here because he meet new people like him. We asked him if he had any problems and he said. "I had a problem in the checkpoints because they checked everything I had." He said it was easy to enroll at OIHS. He also said he did his medical test already.

No comments:

Post a Comment